who's the ECL?

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm not BAD evil, more like devil's food cake evil.

Friday, January 07, 2011

FFWD: Paris Mushroom Soup



FFWD: Paris mushroom soup

We start the year off with Dorie's Paris Mushroom Soup. It is a good soup, and a basic soup of chicken broth, onions, a little rosemary and a ton of mushrooms. It gets pureed after cooking and served over some thinly sliced raw mushrooms with a little green onion, chive, and parsley. Dorie suggests topping the soup with a little creme fraiche, but I used what I had on hand: full fat plain yogurt.

Like I said it was a good soup but not my favorite. Maybe changing up the mushrooms (she uses button mushrooms) and throwing in some thyme would be nice. I threw in chunks of my buttered bread after a while and that made the soup much more interesting to me. I guess I like a chunky soup!