who's the ECL?

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm not BAD evil, more like devil's food cake evil.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Not Facebook, But Ravelry!



I know that the Facebook craze is spreading like wildfire across the internet. People I never thought would Facebook ask me when I'm going to get a Facebook. And I always say, "Really?"

I feel the tug. I am stumbling under the pressure. I want to be loved and to be a part of the crowd. I want to believe.

But then I stop and think, "really? Facebook?"

So I joined Ravelry instead. A social networking site for the yarn-obsessed!




And I'm organizing my unfinished knitting projects, and all my yarn stash, and my needles and crochet hooks, and it is awesome! I have projects lined up in my queue, and almost all my knitting needles accounted for. The yarn stash doesn't feel so out of control anymore. I can see all my works-in-progress and feel as though I actually WANT to finish them! This is big, people! Big!

So for all you Facebookers out there, you'll just have to wait. But if you are a knitter or crocheter, go to Ravelry, look for evilcakelady, and check out all my knitting crap! Awesome, huh?*




*I don't mean my knitting crap is awesome but the fact that you can check out my knitting crap is awesome. Just saying.