who's the ECL?

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm not BAD evil, more like devil's food cake evil.

Monday, January 07, 2008

Standing With My Back To A Closed Door

A dear friend of mine recently did something that, while being a good move for him, really hurt me. And in that move of his, something between us snapped clean and won't be put together again.

I know you understand; sometimes something happens and you feel within yourself something shift, and in that instant the world that was, is not now the world that is.

And even though we will continue to be friends, the closeness we enjoyed has already begun to fade and what snapped clean was the bond that held us through all sorts of good and bad times. It's gone now, as is his close presence, and today the emptiness that is the result feels so overwhelming.