who's the ECL?

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm not BAD evil, more like devil's food cake evil.

Friday, January 18, 2008

title goes here

I am exhausted. I am not real sure why, since I should be caught up on my sleep since the birth over the weekend. But, my exhaustion tells me otherwise. Oh well.

I have started a post about the birth that I haven't the energy to finish just yet, so in the interest of posting something new, here's a quote that was quoted in the book The Four-Fold Way: Walking the Paths of the Warrior, Teacher, Healer, and Visionary by Angeles Arrien.

Believing that you can be perfect is the fatal imperfection. Believing you're innvulnerable is the ultimate vulnerability. Being a Warrior doesn't mean winning or even succeeding. It means risking and failing and risking again...
Richard Heckler, In Search of the Warrior Spirit

Interestingly, Richard Heckler's book doesn't look like a book some new age wanna-be Native American spiritualist disseminating other culture's philosophy and spirituality to entitled white people would read or quote.

Whatever its true context really is, taken out of context like this, I really like this quote!!