who's the ECL?

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm not BAD evil, more like devil's food cake evil.

Friday, November 23, 2007

The Obligatory "Things To Be Thankful For" Post

...in bullet points, because you know how I feel about them....
  • I am thankful for these past two beautiful, clear, sunny days over a long lazy weekend.

  • I am thankful that I got to spend the majority of yesterday by myself making a huge mess in the kitchen.

  • I am thankful that out of that huge mess came four pies, three of which are pretty damn good. The fourth pie has the potential for greatness, but would be better if I hadn't burned the caramel and had toasted the nuts more.

  • I am thankful that I had such a good time creating yesterday that I didn't mind that the fourth pie is bitter and not so much fun to eat. Usually I throw a tantrum.

  • I am thankful to have spent yesterday evening with my old roomie whom I haven't seen much of since she moved out.

  • I am thankful for my life, the way it is turning out. My life, by and large, is pretty awesome.

  • I am thankful that I have good relationships with my immediate family, which is something rare in this world.

  • I am also thankful for the wonderful, warm, supportive circle of friends, acquaintances, clients, co-workers, healers, mentors, and teachers that I can rely on in some way or another for my own healing, growth, sustenance, and laughter, and I am very thankful that these relationships are not one sided.

  • I am thankful for Earl Grey tea, Jack Johnson, fat fuzzy cats, and nowhere to be anytime soon.

  • I am thankful that you are out there, reading my blog, whether you know me or not.

  • and I'm thankful for my hardships, for without them I would have no chance to learn just how strong and tenacious I am, and I'd never get a chance to learn that no matter how dark and terrifying things can get, no matter how long and scary the free fall, that there is an ending and things eventually do get better, even if the change comes so excruciatingly slowly it seems to never be coming at all.

For all these things, I give thanks.