Nothing very blog worthy has been happening of late. I am trying my best to rent and watch 8+ new movies from Hollywood this month. Maybe that's why I am not blogging much.
I got suckered into their MVP program, which actually was a smart move because I apparently owed them $50 in late fees that I had accumulated over the last 3 months of 2006. When they told me I owed them $50 in late fees I just stared at them blankly with my mouth open, and I am not embellishing to make a better story. I really did stand there, blankly staring with mouth agape.
These were the things that were going through my mind as I stared at them:
In late fees!
What the hell!
So the boy servatron suggested signing up for the MVP at the mid level, because as a incentive they waive all late fees. So for 14.99, Hollywood video would waive my $50 in late fees, and I'd get to rent 2 movies at a time for 30 days for free. I could cancel at any time, like the next day, and I would still remain in the program for the thirty days.
So I did it.
That was last month.
However, I am still in the program because I waltzed in at the end of the month and wanted to cancel the program. But I was a day late and they had already automatically enrolled me for another month. (It's a 30 DAY program, not a monthly program, as I was reminded.)
So we canceled my subscription so that Hollywood doesn't have the chance to re-enroll me, and I am on a mission to get my money's worth.
I mean, I'm not mad nor do I feel taken advantage of, nor do I feel a need to rail against the corporate whores of Hollywood Video, Inc, I just want to watch a ton of movies.
- In the past six weeks I have rented:
- Flannel Pajamas (SUCKED ASS)
- Dreamgirls (Not so bad, just kind of long)
- History Boys (enjoyed)
- Hollywoodland (never ended up watching it)
- Conversation(s) With Women (pretty decent, interesting premise, little depressing)
- The Queen (I love Helen Mirren)
- Extras, season one disc one (Ricky Gervais is brilliant at the uncomfortable monologue)
- The Pursuit of Happyness (good movie, loved seeing the 'loin, that kid is fucking adorable goddammit)
- The Last Kiss (intense, I thought it would be more funny, kind of depressing)
Wow! I've seen more than I thought!
Next up: Notes on a Scandal.
I need a funny movie, pronto.