who's the ECL?

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm not BAD evil, more like devil's food cake evil.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Going On A Trip

I know, I have been conspicuously absent from EBTC.

Here are my excuses:

1. If you haven't noticed, I've been baking quite a bit. Those always end up being long and involved posts with photos to upload and links to generate, waah, waah, waah. It takes me a couple of days to post after I bake, and once posted, I am spent.

2. I just don't have much to say these days. Aside from whining about my lack of posting.

3. My sister and I are playing phone tag so I don't have her drunk dialing 911 story yet.

4. My new roomie (Joelf! Hooray!) has been entertaining an out of town friend for the last four days and I have been helping entertain...and not getting much sleep.

5. I just got an iPod and I am spending a lot of time on my computer messing around with it...and getting completely sick of being on the computer.

6. If you don't read my cakeblog you might not have noticed that the Stinky came to visit and we are back in each other's lives. I spend a lot of time on the phone to upstate NY now.

As much as I tried to evict him from my life and my heart I completely and utterly failed. I really didn't want to be in love with him anymore, but my heart rebelled against my brain and one day when we were pleasantly chatting about nothing I started crying and my heart took hold of the phone and spilled my awful secret: that I was still in love with him and wanted to be with him. My awful secret turned out to be the doorway into a place where we could be open and honest and tender with each other, and things have been quite lovely since then. And I'm off to go visit him on Thursday.

There is something comforting in the fact that as much as I didn't want to still be in love with him, every cell in my body rejected that notion and pulled me closer to him regardless. I struggled for so long against what I was naturally drawn towards, that when I finally surrendered to my longings for him it was a sweet, sweet feeling of release.

Before you throw up, I'll also have you know that I am re-reading the Harry Potters and am deep in Order of the Phoenix.

So I don't leave for NY until next Thursday, but I have a lot to do before I go, so don't be surprised if you don't hear much from me until July...just hold onto your horses and donkeys and have a great end of the month!