who's the ECL?

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm not BAD evil, more like devil's food cake evil.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Farewell Esmerelda, Welcome Hedwig

Yes, I named my new computer Hedwig. As Harry Potter's owl, Hedwig has been exemplary in keeping him in touch with the wizarding world, his godfather when he was on the lam, his friends when he was stuck at the Dursley's. So since I use this machine to keep me connected to the outside world, I thought I would give computer a persona to live up to.

Maybe my Hedwig will start bringing me gifts on my birthday, too!

Hedwig is pretty much the exact same computer as Esmerelda, except he's shinier and faster and 4 years newer, and a guy.

Waitaminute--isn't Hedwig a girl's name? Dang.

I don't have much to blog about right now. I'm in a little bit of a limbo pattern--Stinky leaves on Saturday and I think I'm just waiting for this to be over before I start anything new.

I'm doing okay with his leaving. I've had enough time to be terribly unhappy and mopey and pissed off and all sorts of other emotions and now I'm just in acceptance of the situation, and realising that for both of us this can be a good thing. So I'm determined to make it a good thing. And anyway, my misery was a direct cause of my attitude and outlook. Once I got over myself, I stopped feeling miserrable! Funny how that works.

Anyway I'm stil in my pjs and its almost 1 pm. I love having Thursdays off. But I need to get out of the house, so off I go.