who's the ECL?

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm not BAD evil, more like devil's food cake evil.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Of Pirates and Drunk Men

We didn't end up going to the pirate festival. Well, we got there, and looked inside the chain link fence at all the pirates in attendance, and then saw the admission price posted as FIFTEEN DOLLARS!!!

Bloody pirates!

So we had a large Indian dinner instead. Yum.

Then my doula friends called me up and told me I was meeting them at this skanky bar on Hawthorne. So off I went.

A few minutes after I got there and sat down, this random drunk guy sat down with us. I caught some of him on my camera, but unfortunately it was too dark to get good video footage, but you can listen to him just fine. And if you listen closely enough, you can hear us all react when he dumped his drink out on the floor behind us, and then later toasted us with his empty glass. We didn't find him threatening or insulting, just stupidly drunk and...entertaining.

Take a listen:


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing