who's the ECL?

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm not BAD evil, more like devil's food cake evil.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Gestating

I went to the most amazing workshop this weekend.

My expectations of the Birthing From Within Mentor Training, Level One were that I would learn some cool pain coping techniques, get comfortable with my remedial art talents, meet a bunch of birth junkies like myself, and do some personal processing.

After the first night of the workshop, I came home thinking: I don't think I'll ever be ready to do this work. This is hard.

After the second day of the workshop, I came home thinking: Exhausted. If I do this, I have a lot of work to do. Bath now.

After the third and last day of the workshop I came home thinking: Wow! This is amazing stuff! I can't wait to try out these things I've learned! I didn't know I had so many issues to work out, but this is gonna be good! Wow!


I did learn some cool pain coping techniques.
I did get a little more comfortable with my remedial art skills.
I did meet a lot of cool birth junkie women.
I did a HELL of a lot of personal processing.

I was saying to people maybe a month ago that I felt like I was coming out of a long transition period and was ready to be fully present in the world again. Yeah well, I am surely back in the cooker now, gestating away.